Lokad’s Technical Documentation
Lokad offers a data processing environment dedicated to quantitative supply chain modeling and optimization. This environment includes a file storage system and a scripting language named Envision specific of Lokad. Envision is domain-specific language dedicated to supply chains. The platform Lokad is oriented toward Big Data processing, processing up to multiple terabytes of input data, and generating compact composite dashboards. Envision also exposes a deep learning forecasting engine, and provides algebras to manipulate distributions of probabilities.
This documentation is intended for a technical audience, typically people who intend to be supply chain scientists in a quantitative supply chain initiative. Nevertheless, Envision is also designed to be accessible to any advance Excel users. Its difficulty is comparable to Excel macros.
The documentation is organized in the following sections:
- Getting started introduces the new Lokad user to the Envision environment.
- Envision user guide describes the different features and functionalities available within Envision.
- Demand forecasting contains the principles, options and subtleties of Lokad’s probabilistic forecast.
- Inventory optimization makes the bridge between probabilistic forecast and decision making, by introducing stock problematics and purchasing economic constraints.
- Envision reference constitutes a compact manual for the Envision user.
- Envision sample scripts shows a few code examples of typical reporting dashboards and calculations.
- Integration reviews data transfer and connection with external applications.
- Pricing optimization addresses pricing strategies.
- Language reference contains a compiler-oriented dictionary.